Friday, September 4, 2009

There's a chill in the air!

There's been a real chill in the air the past few days and it's gotten me so excited about FALL! I vaguely remember the season...leaves change, then fall off the trees, I get to wear socks and maybe even sweaters and it gets me craving warm comfort foods like soup and scones! It's been 8 years since we've lived somewhere with a real Fall season, so I can't wait! It's my very favorite time of year and I'm wondering if I'll look confused if I hung my autumn wreath up on my door now.
It IS September!

The kids are enjoying school so far and I'm enjoying having more of a schedule and more to do. Both Ashlyn and Corey like their teachers and have made a few friends.
Ashlyn's first week was highlighted by a classmate that shut his hand in the door of the the boys' bathroom and almost completely severed a finger.... well, that and the fact that one of her friends found a toad and a cicada bug out at recess and her teacher now has them as the class "pets." Fun, fun! I took homemade cupcakes to Ashlyn's class this week because her birthday was the week before school began. Ashlyn loved telling everyone about her baby sister and I loved making her day and seeing her interact with her classmates.
This week I made my last batches of strawberry & raspberry freezer jam for the year, so we should have enough to make it through the winter:-) It would be a shame to buy Smuckers!

Also, I am pleased to say that I am feeling much happier these days. I'm not sure what's changed, but I am a little less frustrated by our ward boundary situation and am feeling more like myself again. I invited a friend over this morning and we let our kids play and we spent the day making jewelry. It was nice to have some interaction with another adult, especially since Dan's out of town. I am really trying to make the effort to get involved and make friends here, so no more excuses!

3 comments:

jennaloha said...

Fall? What is that?

Blanck said...

Oh Alli, I am so glad you are feeling better. Maybe the change of season will feel like a fresh start. BTW thanks for the amazing quote, you might have noticed I loved it so much I used in on my blog. You are the greatest friend ever. xoxox

Ali said...

Hugs, hugs, hugs, and more hugs. I miss you! Glad you are feeling a little happier these days, and YUMMY-O on the jam - we finished all the jam you gave us. It was delicious! The school stories cracked me up, I can totally picture it! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...