Yesterday was Claire's first birthday! I can't believe it's been a year. Remembering back to her delivery a year ago, I know how scary that day was for all of us. My Mom called to wish Claire a happy birthday and we both started crying on the phone. I'm just so grateful that we have this sweet, spunky, unique & beautiful little girl in our family and can't imagine where we'd be without her.
I remember the ache in my heart when I wanted a child so badly and the pain of having a child die in my arms. It is truly a miracle when a baby is born healthy and the delivery goes well! I'm just grateful that I finally recovered from all I went through to get Claire here and I'd do it again in a heartbeat for her. Below is a picture of the first time I got to hold Claire. I was in the ICU and she was 1 day old already. I couldn't believe all that dark hair she had! Although I look like I'd been run over by a truck, that was such a sweet memory to me.

Here's what I adore about my Claire:
*That she always wakes up happy
*The way she holds on to her hair for comfort
*She loves her older sister and brother and gets so excited to see them
*Her little munchkin voice (though her cry is loud!)
*Her smile with 4 teeth
*How she waves at everyone
*When she gives big, wet kisses
*Her sweet disposition
*How she plays "shy" and buries her face in my shoulder
*That she wants to be in the middle of everything
*What a great sleeper she is
*The way she talks into a cup and thinks it's so funny
*When she's sleepy, she has one hand on the back of my neck and one hand in her hair!
*That she completes our family
8 comments:
She's adorable... Happy Birthday Claire!
Happy birthday Claire!
WOw I can't believe your baby is 1!
Love the picture, she's a cutie.
Happy Birthday Claire, she is such a doll. I know it was a difficult journey for your family...but I so grateful to see her with you!
Oh she is so cute! What a great first year picture, and you look so beautiful in the picture with her in the hospital!
Alli, you really do look beautiful in that pic holding her for the first time! Happy b'day, Claire!
I adore your sweet family. It is always emotional to look back on a birth day (especially Claire's). You are such a good mommy. happy Birthday little Claire.
How fun that you want to hear our mini van story! ;) Basically our old one was 10 years old with 165,000 miles on it and the transmission was going. I was getting a little scared to drive it all the way to Logan w/ 6 kids and have it break down. SO was my mother in law and she convinced us that is was just time to get someting new. So, we ran down to San Tan Honda and bought a new Odyssey, last minute and 2 days before my trip. ♥♥♥ it!!!! I don't want to drive anything else and I love not stressing about an old car. Now I am just stressing about the payment! LOL ;)
You have such a cute family, Alli! Happy birthday, Claire!
Post a Comment