Monday, April 4, 2011

Pinewood Derby: 2011

My only brother is almost 13 years younger than me, so I know very little about Boy Scouts. Thankfully, Dan loved Scouts when he was younger and he's now Corey's Wolf leader. Last Wednesday was Corey's first Pinewood Derby, and we were all excited to see what it was all about! Corey and Dan had created a LEGO-themed car (front car pictured below). It was fun to see what all the boys created.
I was surprised how official it all was! Corey had to have his car weighed the night before and no one could touch their cars after that. The track was amazing! It was all automated, so that the cars would clock in when they crossed the finish line. I love this picture (below) of Corey racing his car down to the finish line!
Well, Corey didn't have the fastest car, but he had such a great night! We all did! He got the award for the "Best use of LEGOs," which couldn't be more appropriate:)

1 comments:

Caroline Ray said...

Corey's car is amazing! I just got released from Cub Scouts. I am going through major withdrawals. At least Scott is still in it so I can experience it vicariously through him. Your family is so wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...