Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Daddy hurt his pinky promise!"

 I was just sitting down to dinner with the kids last night (Coconut Mahi Mahi...yum!) when the phone rang. It was Dan. He said he needed to go to the emergency room because he "messed up" his finger playing basketball. He walked in the door a few minutes later and it was obviously broken or dislocated. Yikes! Claire was concerned that "Daddy hurt his pinky promise." I gave some quick directions to the kids and Dan and I headed out the door to the ER...
We waited for an hour, then finally got called back to a room. After 3 x-rays, the doctor came in and numbed it so she could pop it back into place. She said it appeared dislocated, but not broken, which is good news.
Check out this picture (below)... Can you see the doctor's face? After pulling for a while and no POP, she numbed it up again because Dan was really hurting. On her second try, she was finally able to relocate his joint. It looked so much better and Dan said it even felt a little better (but, it just might've finally been numb!)
Dan's disappointed that he won't be able to finish his basketball tournament! I'm just glad he's okay! 

3 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

ha ha I just showed Jarad Dan's x-ray and said "they just popped it back in." Jarad's response: well, obviously he didn't pop it back in HIMSELF, like I did." What a tough guy he is lol. That's a pretty cool x-ray though!

Blanck said...

Oh no.... Danny boy at least it wasnt a broken ankle or ACL tear. Honestly church ball is brutal. Bunch of old guys hacking at each other and the ball. laugh miss you Als. You never got back to me on the Newport trip. Is it cool if i come? ha ha

Caroline Ray said...

Brad and I just cringed! That is hilarious that you got pictures of the whole process. Poor Dan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...