Thursday, April 29, 2010

6 words for my Mother...

As Mother's Day approaches, I have been reflecting on the amazing Mother, Mother-in-Law and Grandmothers I've been blessed with. My friend Kristen sent me this website that asks for a 6 word memoir about your Mom. Sounds simple, right? Yet, how can you sum up what your Mother means to you in just 6 words? I spent some time this morning reading through the submissions and was so inspired by Mothers... My own Mother and what it means to be one.  Here's the link:

Here are some of my favorites written by others:
  • A mother's love: unconditional, unrelenting, unmatched
  • I am me because she's she
  • Moms provide you roots and wings
  • We are because of our mothers
  • Your wisdom lives on in us
  • Her yesterday is my tomorrow
  • Love unconditionally: foundation for everything
  • Educated mothers mean healthy, educated children
  • Moms love, teach, let go, cry
  • Always my companion and best friend
  • Birth or adoptive, Mom is Mom
  • The perfect teacher, delivered by God
  • Givers of life, protectors of souls
  • My daughter lives my mother's courage
After much thought, I submitted my own 6 word memoir for my Mom.  You can read what I wrote HERE.

If you submit one, please post what you wrote!  I'd love to see:-)
To my angel mother.... I love you more than you could possibly know. Thanks for showing me the way, for loving me unconditionally, for being all I want to be, for loving my children and husband and to you and Dad for showing me what love can be. I am who I am because of you...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...