Thursday, April 29, 2010

Moving on...

It's now T minus 2 weeks until moving day and we've packed up just about everything we can live without for the next few weeks. We get the keys to our new place tomorrow, so we plan to drive a lot of the breakables and picture frames down instead of having to pack them up. Compared to an interstate move, this seems much, much easier. It helps that I feel more organized than I've ever been in my married life... This is probably due to my lack of social life this year. I really am looking forward to living closer to civilization! However, this "limbo" we're in is making this move seem never-ending and I am just ready to do it already

In the meantime, our landlords are still trying to sell our home and I am BEYOND done with Open Houses and showings, especially as we're packing to move. 

In Relief Society last Sunday, we had a great lesson based on a talk by President Monson titled "School Thy Feelings, O My Brother." Talk about perfect!

In the lesson, someone commented that anger is usually not a primary emotion, but a manifestation of deep emotions or frustrations. There were a few quotes from the lesson that I loved. First, "No one can anger (or hurt) us without our permission." Next, "Anger doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing. It can destroy everything." Last, "A man's a fool who takes an insult that isn't intended."

I'm not an angry person. I tend to look for the positive and I don't hold grudges, but I've really complained a lot about this move. I know that I'm feeling frustrated with our situation because we have to move again, but I also think it's because I wish we could provide some stability for our kids. I didn't really want to leave Arizona and our home, friends and family there. I imagined we'd be more settled by now, but I know that we have what really matters... A family that loves each other, that adapts to new situations and that grows through meeting new people and experiencing new places. When it's all over, I think we're going to be so glad we moved somewhere that's better for our kids.

Speaking of the kids, I am so proud of their attitude about moving! They are excited and can't wait to see the house tomorrow. I'm incredibly grateful for them and am in awe at how they are open to our gypsy lifestyle! Claire's my little buddy and has been extremely patient as I've been packing, organizing and cleaning. I'm thankful she has such an easygoing personality. I took this picture last week of her right after her bath.


Ashlyn's playing soccer now, with Dan as her coach. We have a team of really fun girls and I've enjoyed getting to know them and their families. Unfortunately, 3 of our last 6 soccer games have been cancelled due to rain or snow and the weather for this Saturday's game isn't looking promising......
Corey seems to grow overnight and has changed so much lately! He's now sporting a new look...No front teeth! It makes me laugh whenever he has a loose tooth because he won't wiggle it or let anyone else touch it. He swallowed his first tooth he lost because it was just hanging by a thread. Loose teeth really gross me out, so I just cringe! If we lived near my Dad, I'm sure he'd find a way to yank them out before Corey knew what was happening! (I know this from experience:-) Here's a "before" and "after" picture of Corey's tooth. I love this boy!

3 comments:

Aubry said...

I can't believe how big Claire is. Well, all of your kids actually. I love all the curly hair she has! Good luck with the move. I hope everything goes smoothly and you all adjust quickly. Miss you!

Hadley Family said...

Your kids are so cute, but that Claire is so stinking darling!!! I so fell you on the move thing. I have moved 2ce in less than 2 years and am facing yet another probable move, possibly before the 2 year mark is up. UGH!!! Maybe you can move in your house and then come and help me organize mine. I don't have much social life, but my house is a wreck! You have handled it all with such grace!

Ali said...

Gosh, they're getting so big! OMG - look at all that beautiful hair on Claire!

Oh, and before I forget, I am SO with you on the tooth thing. Although, I've had to pull a few teeth for them, but they are well beyond that now (they do it themself). Teeth & earrings, ugh.

I told Elsa she couldn't get her ears pierced until she could put them in & out all by herself because that's one thing I absolutely will NOT do for her. LOL So gross!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...