Blue skies, good snow, my family and a daughter to ski with...what could be better?


After skiing with Ashlyn last year for about 2 hours, I was anxious to get her back up on the slopes, but also remembered how frustrating it was. We were blessed that Natalie's brother-in-law is on Ski Patrol at Park City and was able to get us tickets for 2 days over the holidays for a screaming deal. We had 2 beautiful, mostly sunny days with decent snow and even better company. My cute Mom stayed with Ashlyn & me on the bunny run for the first half of the day, then insisted that I go ski with Andrea and my niece Jane, who's been skiing for 2 years. We found that Ashlyn responded much better to my Mom's instruction than mine! After the second run, I might have headed for the car. Sometimes for Ashlyn, I take the brunt of her frustrations... enough said. I owe my Mom BIG TIME for being so sweet & patient with her. The best news is that she's now very excited to ski, especially with her cousin Jane, who was cheering her on all day! We skiied the last 2 runs each day all together, which was really gratifying for Ashlyn. We had some burning thighs each night after skiing "PIZZA" all day (snowplow), but it was heavenly to be up there with my girl! The second ski day, I loved skiing with Monica, Johnn and my Dad as well. I really wish that Dan skiied so I could share one of my great loves with him, but I did take some video so he'd get a taste. Check out Jane as she rocks the SLOW SIGN!







4 comments:
It sounds like you guys have had a great winter/holiday season. I haven't been skiing in several years now, and Travis won't do it, so I'm not even sure when I'll get up on the slopes again...sad.
How are things in Colorado these days? I hope you are all doing well!
It looks COLD!! Great job Ashlyn, skiing isn't easy! I have been 3 times in my life and I am not the greatest! JD loves to ski and I am no fun to go with ;) Hopefully eventually you will get Dan up on the slopes! You live in an area now where I think it would be a must, right?!
Hey sister, looks like fun! How is it you always look great, even when skiing? LOL Love ya!
It looks like you had a great time (I'm with Dan, no skiing for me). I totally understand about sometimes it's better if someone else teaches Emma too, we sometimes really clash.
Post a Comment