It's always tough to find time to see everyone I'd love to see when we
come back to Salt Lake to visit. I have so many dear friends that I
miss there and we always run out of time. Sometimes I don't even tell
anyone we're coming to visit just so I don't feel guilty:-) Sad, but
true. Just before Christmas, I was grateful to be able to see my 3 best
friends from when we lived in Torrance, California. We lived in a ward
with very few young families and I happened to meet Seanna at a ward
picnic. Her Dad went to church with us and she and I bonded instantly
(or if you ask her, she might say that I was desperate for friends and
wouldn't stop calling:-) Seanna introduced me to her best friend
Chelsea and we all met Hillary the week she moved to California. They
were all in the Redondo Beach ward and they were kind enough to adopt
me! We spent countless days at the park, the beach and McDonald's with
our young kids. They all live in Utah now and have each added more
littles to their families, but the more the merrier! I just LOVE these
girls and will consider them lifelong friends. They just make me feel
like a tall, freakish MUTANT. Next time, I'm bending my knees!
A few days later Dan & I attended a party at Sunny's for a few
old friends from Diabetic Camp. I met most of them when I was about 13
or 14, so they've known me through bad blood sugar reactions and bad
hair phases (okay, that was most of my teenage years). I can say the
same for all of them too. The 80's were not pretty for most people,
right? It was fun to meet spouses to tell embarrassing stories and to
catch up. Sunny is one of my oldest friends and has been through so
much with me. Our husbands even grew up on the same street in Sandy!
She jokes that we bonded over "our broken bodies." I love her and am
glad everyone is in good health, for the most part. The disease stinks,
but these friends are amazing.






1 comments:
What a great reunion!
Post a Comment