My "baby" brother, C.J. got married Dec. 19th in Salt Lake! He married Brooke Wagstaff, who was his 2nd grade crush from Elementary school. Those 2 actually liked each other since they were 8 or 9, which I think is so romantic and amazing! Brooke is such an incredible girl and if we hand-picked a girl for C.J., we couldn't have found anyone better. All 5 sisters just adore her. It's crazy to have everyone married now!
C.J. & Brooke were married in the Salt Lake LDS temple, which is, in my opinion, the most beautiful place to be married. The ceremony was very personal, as they were married by a Wagstaff family friend who had known Brooke since she was little. There are no words to describe how wonderful it was to have my parents and all of my siblings in the temple together to celebrate this day.
The wedding luncheon was at the Joseph Smith Memorial, which overlooks the temple. It was fun to sit with Aunts and Uncles, to watch their wedding video and to give C.J. our TOAST, which is a Miller family tradition. All 5 sisters wrote it as a poem and I think it was sweet and funny. We did have to tease them a little!
The reception that night was at the Salt Lake Hardware Company, which I had never seen before. It's a building downtown with a lot of character and it seemed the perfect place for a winter wedding reception. I loved the details, like a swing and candles in birdcages hanging from the rafters, lots of white Christmas
lights and harp music. I LOVE that Brooke wore sassy blue shoes with her wedding dress! Something blue, of course! My kids were thrilled to be a part of the wedding party that night. There was no line, so we just mingled and talked to friends and family. Brooke looked gorgeous and C.J. so tall and handsome! They are a great couple. C.J.'s pre-med and Brooke's just finishing her Nursing degree, so they have a long road ahead, but I am so happy for them.










1 comments:
What a beautiful couple! I agree, the Salt Lake Temple is the most beautiful. It's been almost 15 years since Iw as married there. Yikes!
Post a Comment