Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jill's cabin: April 10-11th

The weekend of April 10th, we were invited up to Jill's cabin, just past Heber, AZ with all the members of our old Relief Society presidency and their families. Dan decided the day of that he needed to stay home and work because they had a deadline that day, so I packed up the car and the kids and I still went. It was a beautiful drive and much cooler at the higher elevation. We had a nice dinner once we arrived, then played games with the kids. After the kids went to sleep, some of the adults stayed up late to talk, which was fun!
I was just released as the Secretary in Relief Society, a calling which I had for 2 1/2 years and got called to be the 2nd counselor instead. It's been my favorite church calling ever, because I felt it gave me the opportunity to really get to know all the women in our ward. The women I served with are phenomenal! Jill, Jeanne, Kathryn & Micah have been such good friends and great examples to me and I will miss our close association each week. Unfortunately I took the picture above after Micah and her family had already left. She was a trooper to come with a broken foot! It was a great weekend!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...