It's been 3 years since we've done a birthday party with friends for Ashlyn. That's what happens when you have family in town, I guess! On Saturday we held a pajama party for our new 8 year old with 7 friends. I'm not a big fan of sleepovers, so this was all the fun without all the not-so-fun-the-morning-after a sleepover! We had dinner and cupcakes, opened gifts and each girl got to make a bracelet in their school colors to take home. I had to laugh at the games they played: Follow the Leader, Freeze Dance (courtesy of Hannah Montana), and Musical Chairs. I grew up as the oldest of 5 girls and 1 boy, so I was used to the chatter and giggling that happens when you get a bunch of girls together, but this was silliness on a new level! After everyone left, I felt my ears were ringing, like I'd just been at a very loud concert. The best news is that Ashlyn had a great time, so I'm happy!
(Above): Ashlyn laid out patterns and we put beads into bags before the party
so each bracelet was unique. I think they turned out very cute!






4 comments:
Elsa was just telling me about this "pyramid" today, too funny! She had a great time, thanks for inviting her. BTW - did the pj bottoms fit? I have lots of fabric, let me know when you want to sew. ;)
That's a great idea for a party! I'll have to remember that as I am not a fan of sleepovers either.
So neat that you did that. I am freaking out a little because I am doing bracelets for an enrichment craft and thought only a few people would sign up, but people signed up for 56 bracelets total! It is going to be crazy!
Wow, what a fun party and what a great mommy. I love the slumber party without the slumber morning. Great idea!
Post a Comment