Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Look who's getting baptized!

Last week I took these pictures of Ashlyn in her baptism dress. It was just before sunset, and Ashlyn was thrilled to be photographed. She's been looking forward to getting baptized for a long time and I'm so proud of her decision. My cute Mom took Ashlyn & her next 2 oldest girl cousins out to look for a dress when we were in Salt Lake last month with the agreement that all 3 cousins would be able to wear the dress. It will be a fun tradition! I'm looking forward to this Saturday!

15 comments:

Em said...

What a fun tradition... and such a beautiful dress and daughter. You did a wonderful job on the pictures.

Melinda said...

She looks beautiful! Love the dress, we have the same one. Enjoy the special day!

jennaloha said...

Our girls are so old! Can you believe they were 2 when we were hanging out together in Vegas?

Jessica said...

I was wondering where the heck you've been, You were missed greatly in blogland. :) Sorry you've had a rough couple of weeks but I'm glad you have the baptism to look forward to. Congrats Ashlyn that is a big step you are taking and you look adorable in your new white dress! I can't believe you throgh a sleep over for 7 girls, you are a braver woman than I. Next time you do the jewlery class let me know, the last 2 times I wasn't able to go but I still want to learn. Take Care.

Hoskins Family said...

Ashlyn is so beautiful! She looks so grown up. Congratualtions, Ashlyn on your wonderful choice to be baptized. We miss you all!

Stacy said...

What a sweet young lady. Love the dress! Enjoy the day on Saturday!

Dave and Nat said...

She looks so grown up! Gorgeous pictures! I am sad we can't be there for her baptism but we will be thinking of her.

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

I did the same party for Brook last Feb and it was a BIG hit (so we are doing it again this w/e for Paige) Thanks for having Brook! She ♥ed it! And I am glad Ashlyn liked the "willow tree". Brook loves hers and I thought it was cute.
Sorry you've had a down few weeks! Please call if you ever need anything! Paying for cars is THE WORST. Hope life gets better. ENJOY your family in town and the baptism! Oh- and she looks radiant in her white dress ;)

Hammond Family said...

She looks so beautiful in her dress! And what a fun tradition for your family!

Leah said...

That is a beautiful dress for a beautiful little girl. Those were really nice pics!

mattis0n said...

I just love that dress! Her baptism was so special. Lacey loved being there for her "bestest" friend

Alli grins said...

Thank you, Dawn & Katie for being there with your girls! It made the day so special to have Ashlyn's amazing friends there too. It really meant a lot to me! Thanks for your support & friendship. We love you❤

moesmiles said...

I absolutely love the pics. She looks like an angel. Wish we could have been there, but looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks.

Blanck said...

Wow you have an 8 year old. Stop!!! She is such a doll. Where did she ever get dimples??? HHMMMM I can't imagine.
good luck on the big day.

Alliban said...

Ashlyn looks so pretty. What a beautiful dress. I hope you have a wonderful day Ashlyn. What a great & important choice you are making. Have fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...