Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ashlyn & I meet the Uchtdorfs


Jan. 2nd:  My parents let Ashlyn & me use their Utah Jazz basketball tickets to see the Jazz play Philadelphia.  I love watching basketball and was so excited to take Ashlyn to the game with me!  My parents have loved getting to know Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf & his wife, who sit right behind them every 3-4 games.  For those of you who aren't LDS, he is a modern day apostle (as in 12 apostles).  He was so sweet and asked about my parents and I had the opportunity to introduce Ashlyn.  I had my camera, so they let me take this picture.  Elder Uchtdorf insisted that our "enormous ice cream" be in the picture too.  What a great man! Throughout the game, several people stopped to introduce themselves and he would, in turn, introduce them to his wife, whom he called "sweetheart."  
            My Mom tells me that my Dad was called over the loud speaker to look at a player on the opposing team with an injured eye a few games back.  (He's the team Ophthalmologist for the Jazz).  Sister Uchtdorf bent down and told my Dad, "Poke him in the other eye!"  I love that they are so real and personable. 

3 comments:

Admin said...

You gotta love Dieter...

Sabrina said...

How cool is that? That's great you got Ashlyn in the picture. She'll always remember she met an apostle.

Karly said...

CUTE ALLI MILLER (OK ELGGREN NOW) I JUST FOUND YOUR CUTE BLOG AND CUTE FAM! YOU GUYS LOOK HAPPY AND LIKE YOU'RE DOING WELL! I LOVE SEEING YOU IT'S LIKE A BLAST FROM THE PAST! KARLY (KINNERSLEY) MELLEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...