I was so blessed to have my amazing Mom come visit for 4 days just before Thanksgiving! The last time she visited was 2 days after we moved here in June and we were still unpacking, so I was very excited to show her the finished result! The older 2 kids were in school each day, so it was just my Mom, Claire and me. We ran some errands for my brother C.J.'s upcoming wedding and we did some shopping, which is always fun! Ashlyn loved having "Nanny" sit and play piano with her after school. A year ago October, my Mom sat at her piano with Ashlyn and taught her to read music for about half an hour. The next morning, Ashlyn got up and played Primary music by sight and has continued progressing. Hearing her play piano with my Mom this week was heavenly!
Thanks to my Mom's insistence, Dan & I went on our first 2 dates since moving here (GASP...I know, it's crazy!) Dan & I got Japanese food and did some Christmas shopping for the kids. My Mom is such a calming influence on me and I find myself constantly taking mental notes when I'm around her. She is the personification of selflessness, creativity, energy, talent and generosity and I must've done something right to score a Mother like her!







1 comments:
Aren't moms the best! I'm missing mine, I haven't spent much time with her lately. I won't get to see her for a while though. :( Glad you mom was able to visit!
Post a Comment