Wednesday, December 2, 2009

So much to be thankful for...

Happy Thanksgiving to all! What a great holiday... We get together with family and eat the best meal of the year. What's not to love? 
I thought this cartoon was perfect, since we spent our Thanksgiving holiday in sunny Arizona with Dan's family! It was so great to go back to visit and see some of the people I've been so homesick for. Our kids had the whole week of Thanksgiving off of school, so we flew down a few days before Dan could join us. The weather was perfect and we loved being with Dan's family again. On Sunday we attended church at our Gilbert ward and felt right at home. It was very bittersweet! We made so many life-long friends in that ward. I told someone that after being back here, Dan might have to 
"drag me onto the plane, kicking and screaming" when we go back to Colorado.


Monday night, cute Jill arranged a casual bring-your-own-dinner at the park and it was great to sit and catch up with friends. Ashlyn and Corey wanted to stay all night with their friends. Still, there's never enough time to spend with everyone I wanted to and Claire was grumpy and tired that night.

Dan joined us the day before Thanksgiving. We stayed up playing Tri-Onimos with Linda & Allen, did a little shopping and took the kids to see the movies "A Christmas Carol" and "Planet 51."  Word to the wise..."A Christmas Carol" is way too scary for kids under 10, but we loved "Planet 51."
The big Thanksgiving feast was at Kari's and it was fabulous! I was asked to make cranberry sauce and yams & apples, which are my favorite! Here's the recipe, if you've never tried it:

We have so much to be thankful for, most of all our family, friends and knowledge
of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Everything else is just... gravy!

3 comments:

Everyday Moments said...

Yams and Apples is a tradition at our Thanksgiving. My favorite, too!

It was good to see you and we miss you.

Aubry said...

Sorry we didn't make it to the park and didn't get to see you later in the week! It sounds like you all had a great trip. Let me know when you are down this way again.

Leah said...

It was so nice to see your smiling face at church... it was like you never left!! You just fit in so well here ;) Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm glad I got to see you even for a second! Yams and Apples recipe sounds heavenly... gonna try it, thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...