Okay, so all you 80's music enthusiasts, the Duran Duran song "New Moon on Monday" was running through my head as I uploaded pictures from the fabulous "NEW MOON" party I attended on Thursday night! Come on, sing it with me:
"I light my torch and wave it for the
New moon on Monday
And a firedance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite..."
Anyway, if you know me well, you'll know that I'm a huge fan of the "Twilight" series by Steffenie Meyer. Though I didn't love the first movie, I was really looking forward to seeing this one. My sweet husband has been good to put up with my love of vampires and werewolves (currenly reading the "Vampire Diaries" & watching the series on TV). I was honored to be invited to a pre-movie party at my new friend Adrienne's with about 30 fun women. Adrienne went all out! She had "New Moon-" themed food, decor, posters, games, trivia and prizes. When we arrived, she had us each choose a "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob" sticker to put on a dog tag necklace and we played a Family Feud-style trivia game, with calendars and T-shirts for the winners. Just before we left for the midnight showing, we were called into the foyer by howling werewolves and we watched the movie preview that her husband projected onto the wall!
It was hilarious to see this movie with a bunch of grown women wearing "I ♥ Edward" t-shirts and such! I know there are a lot of haters out there who won't read the books or jump on the bandwagon, but I absolutely loved the whole night! It was silly fun and I loved getting to know some women from that ward. The movie was amazing and despite some very appealing werewolves, I am still an Edward fan!
For those of you who will still refuse to read the series, I think Adrienne's t-shirt said it best. Something like...
"NEW MOON:
Edward leaves on page 73
and returns on page 451.
There...I just saved you 4 hours
and months of depression."










4 comments:
It looks like a ton of fun...I haven't seen the movie yet but I hear it is better than the first one. I can't wait!
Yeah! I'm glad you had fun. I did too. Next year the party is in AZ! We will make it a girls weekend. So fun getting to know you. More GNO's to come!
What a fun party! It made me smile just reading about your night. I haven't seen the movie yet. Although I don't like the actor for Edward, I too am an Edward fan.
It looks like a blast! I didn't get to go on opening night :( I do however have to disagree, I have always been Team Jacob! I have wanted to read the Vampire Diaries. I may have to start.
Post a Comment