Friday, August 7, 2009

Pictures in a cornfield...

Living here in Colorado reminds me a little of when I lived in Iowa City because of all the farmland and cornfields. I was in 3rd grade, so a year younger than Ashlyn is now. I remember my Mom asking us how tall we thought the corn was. Feeling rather grown-up, my sisters and I answered that it couldn't be much taller than we were. To our surprise, it towered over us and made us feel small in comparison. Last week while running on errands, we pulled over by the cornfield near our neighborhood and snapped some pictures. Like me, my kids were surprised to see how tall the corn actually is when you're standing next to it. I also took some shots of the cornfield, with our neighborhood in the background. It really is beautiful!

1 comments:

Hadley Family said...

You ready for some new neighbors? It looks beautiful up there! I totally understand about the being lonely in a new town where you know next to nobody! We still don't quite feel like this is home, but we are trying! You will fit in so much quicker than us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...