Friday, August 7, 2009

The masked bandit makes an appearance...

I'm enjoying taking care of the new flower garden that my Mom and I planted a few weeks ago. With all the rain we've been getting, we've also had a lot of weeds pop up. Last Friday I spent the morning outside planting a few more flowers and picking weeds. The kids were still inside sleeping, but the weather was nice and I enjoyed getting out. When I finished, I threw a big bag of weeds and some flower pots into the garbage and heard a strange noise as the lid slammed down. Hesitantly, I lifted the lid again to find a raccoon trapped in the bottom of the can! I had just thrown my garbage right on top of him. From the looks of my shredded bags and scattered garbage in the can, it looked like he might have been there for a while. I shouldn't be surprised because I've heard a creature digging around in our garbage this week. I called Animal Control and within 20 minutes, a Police officer was at my door. Get this.....He goes out to the garbage, dumps the can over and the raccoon runs off into my backyard. The Policeman tells me, "He probably has some friends back there" and that I might want to keep a brick on the lid of my garbage can. Gee, thanks! Needless to say, I'm now a little nervous to take the garbage out in the dark. I think this may not be the last I see of this little "masked bandit!"

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...