Well, we made it safely to Colorado with our 3 kids, bird, camping trailer, and all of the things the movers left behind or that we couldn't have on the moving truck! On Friday we drove from Newport Beach back to Gilbert, Arizona where we loaded the last few things and got our home there all ready for the renters. We slept at Dan's parents' home that night, then drove all day Saturday and Sunday to roll into Colorado early on Sunday night. It was a beautiful drive and the kids did well, thanks to DVDs and XBox in the car! The kids were pretty excited about our home in Erie, but when I saw all the boxes, my heart sank a bit just knowing how much work I had ahead of me!
My cute Mom came to stay with us on Tuesday through Friday, which was perfect timing because Dan worked in California for most of the week. My Mom and I worked so hard unpacking and getting things organized and I was extremely grateful for her help and her company! The KITCHEN is always the toughest for me to unpack and once that was done, I felt much more optimistic about doing the rest! My Mom always goes the extra mile, as evidenced by her idea to plant flowers in front of our home. We bought supplies and planned to plant the next day, but when I got up around 7:30 AM on Thursday morning, Mom was outside putting in new dirt and weeding and had already met 2 of our neighbors! She amazes me! Our neighbors I met later that morning seem
very nice. They said the home "had never looked better," which feels great!

On day 3, we took a break and took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese. My Mom and I loved playing Skee Ball with the kids! I know I'm biased, but I think my kids have been such good sports through all of this and I'm so grateful they are all open-minded and friendly when it comes to new people and experiences.
Friday night my Mom returned to Salt Lake and took Ashlyn with her for some one-on-one time! They went to a
Bead Show and the Real Salt Lake soccer game this weekend and I think Ashlyn is loving every minute.
Sunday was interesting, to say the least... We went to church and it seemed like a great ward: MUCH, MUCH smaller than our ward in Gilbert, but there were a lot of couples our age and a good number of kids. We were filling out the records transfer when we found out that we were in the wrong ward! Our neighborhood is the only in the whole city that isn't in the Erie ward! Tears were welling up in my eyes because I was feeling so good about being there. We immediately pulled Claire and Corey out of their classes and drove up to Longmont, which is about 15 minutes from our home and got there with about 1/2 an hour left. This ward was very different: tiny Primary and mostly older people. Not sure what we're going to do yet, but I just feel like we need to be with families near our home, whose kids go to school with ours, etc... I'll keep you posted on what we decide to do. The church is true everywhere, but it is nice to have friends you relate to as well:-)
This week's agenda: Finish unpacking, find my home phone and wait in line for new Colorado driver's licenses at the DMV. Fun, fun!
0 comments:
Post a Comment