Moving day is less than a week away now and I am making progress. There are packed boxes in every room and I've noticed that my voice echoes differently because the rooms are much more empty. I've been taking it slow so we don't loathe every minute. I LOVE my friends here! Katie and Jill organized a farewell party for us Friday night at a neighborhood park that was amazing. The kids wore swimsuits and did Slip & Slide and played football while Dan & I talked and lingered until past 9 PM with friends. So fun! Dan left for Colorado the next morning:-( Ali and Jared had us over for a yummy dinner last night, which was awesome because I'm trying to use up what's in my fridge and pantry and I've already packed a lot of the kitchen. Heather, Jen and Langdon dropped by tonight and helped me pack and clean, which I almost didn't let them do, except that I loved their company (and they helped so much)! Stephanie dropped by some of her famous bread, jam and homemade cinnamon rolls for dessert. Thanks to all for making us feel so loved!
I am slowly starting to look ahead, but I still can't imagine how I'll feel the day we drive away from here. The kids have been such good sports! It's been fun to have them home from school and Ashlyn has been such good help. They've had their moments when I can tell they are emotional about our upcoming changes, but we've been trying to have fun whenever we can. We've been so blessed to find a great family to rent our home here in Arizona and the home we're renting in Colorado looks like a perfect fit for us for now...







0 comments:
Post a Comment