Saturday, October 18, 2008

Piano girl...

An amazing thing happened while we were in Salt Lake.....Ashlyn learned how to play the piano! My Mom sat down with her and taught her the notes. The next day I heard someone playing "I Am a Child of God," and it was Ashlyn! She'd learned to read music and was playing some simple songs. She came home from playing at Emma's a few weeks ago and played "Fur Elise" for me on our keyboard and I couldn't believe it. She's always loved music and has been begging Dan & me to get a piano so she could take lessons. I guess we better jump on that before the desire is gone!
(Above:) Ashlyn at my parents' piano with my nephew, Michael & Claire.

2 comments:

Ali said...

You need to let me know who you find to teach lessons. Elsa has been asking for a few years now to take piano lessons!

Blanck said...

Alli Grins
I think it is time to buy a baby grand. ha ha A keyboard is perfect. HOpefully she will practice better than I did at her age. It was fun to talk to you on the phone the other night. It made my day.
love ya
p.s. Metallica, that's my girl! You haven't forgotten your roots. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...