This is just for you, Stacy Blanck! These always remind me of Fall (which sounds nice about now, when it's still almost 100 degrees here. Thanks for the request for the recipe:-)
***This is a recipe that will change the way you think of hard, crunchy gingersnaps. These are very soft, milder in flavor and I think, delicious!
*GINGERSNAP COOKIES*:
- Mix with electric beater for 1 minute:
3/4 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
- Add:
1/4 c. molasses
1 egg
- Mix together, then add:
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ginger
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
2 c. flour
Roll dough into 1" balls, then roll in white sugar. Bake at 375
degrees for 8-9 minutes until puffed and slightly cracked. Here's the trick: Pull them out and let sit on the cookie sheet for a minute, so they're still soft. They should be slightly "underdone."
Makes 2-3 dozen. (Very easy to double)






7 comments:
I'm going to make these for a post-General Conference gathering that I'm going to on Sunday. The whether has turned cool here in D.C. and I think they'll be the perfect treat. Thanks for sharing!
Alli
YOu just made my day. These are seriously so decadent. Thanks for thinking of me.
I have been waiting to make a perfect batch of gingersnaps, they are one of my favorite cookies. I can't wait to try these!
Yum Alli those look so good.
I know you won't see this for a while, but I just tagged you on my blog. Sorry :). Drop by to get the rules...
your treats have always been the best I know of. Thanks for sharing the recipe. So fun to catch up on you guys. Ashlyn looked adorable at her baptism, I can't believe how fast they are all growing up.
Mmmm, thanks for the request Stacy. Thanks for posting the recipe for us all to enjoy. They won't be exactly the same because they won't have the Alli touch but I'll give it a go. Your treats are the best!
Yummy. I have always wanted a great gingersnap recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Carla
Post a Comment