I don't know what I did to deserve a mother like mine. She is my hero! If I can be half the mother she is, I will be incredible. So Mom, here are some of the things I adore about you:
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Happy Mother's Day, MOM!!!
1. She's smart, determined and creative. Always had great ideas for things like campaign slogans, homework projects, Christmas cards or answering a guy to a high school dance.
2. She's adventurous and active. She scuba dives (even though she gets violently ill on rocking boats), hikes, bikes and has always been a good example to me by exercising regularly. She & my Dad are biking through Croatia in the fall! It's their favorite way to see a new country.
3. She's beautiful, inside and out. Besides the fact that my Mom is always kind and serves those around her, she has gorgeous olive skin and legs to die for! I wish I looked more like her.
4. She's loyal and generous. She says she'd rather shop for her grandkids than for herself. If my kids are dressed well, it's usually because my Mom's been to Gymboree or Children's Place.
5. She loves my Dad so much! Though we often tell my parents to "get a room" because they are so affectionate, they set a high standard for marriage for all the kids. Thank you!
6. She loves babies, 3 year-olds, teenagers, married kids...and all the ages in between. My Mom taught me not to wish it away and to enjoy every stage in life.
7. She's amazing in the kitchen! My Mom is a great cook and I'm grateful she taught me how. She entertains often and makes it look easy (even for a family of 23).
8. She is so easy to love. My friends always thought of my Mom as their friend too. She'd make us waffles for a late-night study session or stay up late to talk. My husband loves her like that too.
Mom, I could go on & on. You are amazing! Thanks for being such a positive force in my life. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
Posted by Alli grins on 5/07/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I will have to second everything you said... Our Mom is the best ever!!! Looks like you figured out the blog header and background. I Love it!
What a sweet post Alli. And love the new look of your blog. Very cute.
Thanks for the Pandora tip. I'm discovering good tunes all over again! Who knows... maybe I'll even have a song that's not 20 years old on my playlist yet!!
Katie
I love to hear daughter's talk so highly about their mom's. She sounds great! You are a wonderful mom and you must take after your own mom.
Post a Comment