Monday, June 20, 2011

Bird bath...

Well, we're getting into the routine of having a bird again. We have to cover Blaze's cage with a blanket at night unless we want an early morning wake up call. Let's just say that 5 AM is WAAAAYYYY too early to be awakened by a squawking birdie! The kids' favorite chore is giving Blaze a bath. He jumps right in and splashes around. The first time, Ashlyn squealed, "Ooooh, he's so UGLY!" He likes to cuddle up in a towel after and get warm. Thank goodness wet birds smell nothing like wet dogs!!!

3 comments:

Brad and Caroline Ray said...

I want a bird now! How fun! Miss you, my dear!

Annette said...

Is it sad taht I didn't know you were supposed to give birds baths? He looks so cute and goofy!

Alli grins said...

I miss you too, Caroline! I'm getting a little dose of AZ when Katie Curtis & family come tomorrow to stay with us for 2 days:) Hope you are surviving the heat! We hit 100 today and it feels like Hades to me!

Annette, not all birds really love baths, but our sure does. I had a bird in high school that acted like a cat near water... I'd love to have Cambrie over to play sometime next week when life returns to normal:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...