I was grateful that to be asked to participate in a "joy school"-type Preschool for Claire recently by some women in my ward. I had gone back and forth about whether or not I wanted to put her in Preschool this year, but this decision was easy. It's twice a week for 2 1/2 hours with 3 other girls whose families have all moved in since our family came in May. The girls' birthdays are all within 3 months of each other and they get along well. We each take a week to teach and focus on a letter and color.
It was my turn to teach this week and I had the letter "B" and the color black. We made Black "B" Bugs out of buttons, popsicle sticks and sequins, we danced and sang songs, had story time, colored mini letter "B" books and coloring pages, ate bananas and banana bread, made Baa Baa Black Sheep out of their handprints and ended the week by making bracelets with beads. I enjoyed it and so did Claire. It was fun to see the girls at church today wearing their bracelets they had made.
The other good news is that Claire is finally potty-trained... Hallelujah!!! She woke up 2 weeks ago with a dry diaper in the morning for the very first time in her life. Then, it happened again and again. We've been actively trying to train her for about 4 months now and it's been beyond frustrating. Now I think maybe she wasn't physically ready until recently. I've felt like I couldn't take her anywhere because I was worried about accidents, but she's done really well this week. The only hitch is that she insists on taking off her pants. On Wednesday Corey had a neighbor friend over and out walks Claire with no pants on! Yikes! He just laughed and said his little sister does the same thing...








0 comments:
Post a Comment