If you've read our blog at all, you've likely heard me complain about moving! We've been here in Colorado for about 9 months and we are going to have to move again soon. 8 months into our 12 month lease, our landlords called to tell us they wanted to sell the home we're living in. YIKES! We've sold 3 homes and it's hard enough to sell your own home, but selling someone else's home.....NOT fun!
It's been on the market for almost 2 months now and we've hosted 2 Open Houses and 3 showings already. We have another showing tomorrow. According to 2 websites we looked at, the asking price is about $100,000 above the estimate, so we didn't think anyone would be interested. We still own our home in Arizona, so we are going to keep renting here. So, that means we're looking for a new rental and showing this house with 24 hours notice. My poor kids are so sick of my psychotic worrying about keeping this house perfectly clean. I wish that I could just not care, but I don't work like that. 

Now that we're facing another move, another home, another neighborhood, school and possibly city...... I have very mixed feelings. I absolutely adore this house! It fits us so well and I've grown to love so many of the details. I love the kitchen, the convection oven and lots of cupboards. I love the big windows, built-in bookshelves and entertainment center and fun paint colors. I love the laundry chute, the french doors, the radiant heating, the basement for the kids and the big yard.

However, it all comes down to LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
I'm not sure I like living 15 minutes away from the nearest grocery store & 25 minutes away from church. I feel so secluded here!!! I wish the kids had friends from church at school and I wish I had more friends that lived close. Our kids have been incredible to roll with it and make new friends wherever we are and I admire them so much for that. 

(Above): The kitchen, dining room, piano room and family room.

(Above): It's been fun to have 4 seasons again! The best part... It's almost always sunny!

(Above): Master bedroom, view from Ashlyn's room and kitchen.

(Above): Kids' bedrooms.
(Above): I am a big fan of basements! This one is set up for movie nights, with dark walls and ceiling and blackout curtains, so we call it THE MAN CAVE!









7 comments:
good luck. It is so nerve wracking to sell a home, and we've only sold 1. I hope you find another "perfect" place for you.
I can't believe you are moving... AGAIN! Moving is my least favorite activity.
your house is beautiful, Ali! So sorry that you have to move again. :(
That house is beautiful! I hope you are able to find something you love even more! Good luck!
Glad to see you're bloggin again sista. So good to talk to you, and thanks again for the package, SO sweet, I just love it. My fave pic of the house is the last one of Ash, what a little wild woman in the making! Love you!
As usual, you have made your house look beautiful. I have always been jealous of your artistic eye.
Good luck!
I love your home! I would be sad to leave too... but hopefully you can find something closer to more civilization :)
Post a Comment