Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lego mania...

 I find that my biggest obstacle in keeping my home clean is often my kids' toys. I'm grateful for a playroom in the basement where we keep most of their toys, but their newest craze is presenting more of a challenge for me...
LEGOS!

 It's no surprise that we have all adopted Dan's focus at work. There ARE a lot of very cool sets and so many possibilities for endless creativity. Even Claire loves them and thankfully, she's not one to put small toys in her mouth, or we'd have a big problem! Ashlyn & Corey recently completed the Fire Brigade and Medieval Market Village, a courthouse and Ferrari. I seriously don't know where we're going to put all of them!  

A few weekends ago we went to a Lego store in Lakewood and I'm sure the kids' wish lists got a little longer! They have a incredible Digital Imager that shows what the finished product would look like. Here's Ashlyn holding up her box for the Fire Brigade building and the preview on the Imager.

Dan just downloaded the Lego Photo application for the iPhone that takes a photo and converts it into Lego bricks. Here's one of Claire that I took. Talk about Legos on the brain!

Dan's in Denmark right now, but I get him back tomorrow. No doubt that he'll return with a suitcase full of Legos and a head full of plans to build more!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Oh Girl, I feel your pain...you've seen Jacob's room! IKEA is the best for Legos - LOTS of different sized plastic boxes for storing them. It's the only way to stay sane! Has Corey discovered Bionicles yet? I'm telling ya, he's gonna love them. Hugs!

Amy said...

Alli, that picture of Claire looks JUST LIKE YOU when we were kids! It took my breath away for a minute. Wow!

Alli grins said...

Amy- I'm so glad to know that someone thinks Claire belongs to me! Other than our curly hair, I don't think she looks much like Dan or me..... But we'll keep her! Ali, yes, Corey has quite a collection of Bionicles now. My complaint is that once they're made, he hardly ever plays with them. Denver's getting an IKEA soon, so maybe I'll see if I can find some display shelves or something to organize his obsession:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...