Tuesday night we had the best Relief Society Activity (formerly known as "Enrichment"). The theme was "Don't Agonize... Organize" and we had 2 great speakers, then chocolate fondue for dessert. The first speaker spoke on ways to create order and peace in our homes. She based much of her talk on the book The Parenting Breakthrough by Merrilee Browne Boyack, which is now on my "to read list." Our second speaker talked about prioritizing your time and making room for what's most important. She emphasized family prayer, scripture study, family home evening, eating dinner together and exercise. I LOVED the 3 words she says are now her motto: BE HERE NOW. She talked about how, in her attempt to do it all, she was often going through the motions and not really enjoying or experiencing the present moment. Both speakers left me uplifted and with a new sense of purpose as a mother, a spouse and a friend. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to stay at home with my kids and am trying every day to BE HERE NOW for my family.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Thanks for the book recommendation. I will have to check it out. I really need help dealing with my daughter and Love and Logic hasn't seemed to work with her. . . yet. I would love to read something else. If anything, I will feel like I am doing something worthwhile to try and make things better. :)
Anything that ends with chocolate fondue is going to be amazing, but this sounds over-the-top fantastic. The author's advice seems applicable to all facets of life.
You're right, it sounds like one I would have really enjoyed. Will you send me the cliff notes?
Miss you!
that is a book we read for book club! LOVED IT. in fact, i have plans to reread it this month. i love her ideas for teaching your children to work, family traditions/ mottos, teaching the gospel through your home environment, etc. you will love it!
Post a Comment