Sunday, February 15, 2009

My list of worst love songs ever...




The day before Valentine's I was laughing out loud in my car while listening to talk radio (92.3...love it). They were listing their "worst love songs of all time." I agreed with many of them and found myself thinking of love songs all day! I came home and made my own list. Now I know music is very personal and you won't agree with all of these! You may love a few of these songs, know every word and remember that your first child was conceived while listening to one of these....but come on! I think they are cheesy and awful.  Take a peek and tell me what you think!

(In no particular order):

  • I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)” -Meatloaf  
  • Oops…I Did it Again” -Britany Spears
  • You Light Up My Life” -Debby Boone
  • As Long As You Love Me” -Backstreet Boys
  • Even The Nights Are Better” -Air Supply
  • How Can We Be Lovers” or “I Said I Loved You (But I Lied)” -Michael Bolton 
  • I’ll Be Loving You Forever” -New Kids on the Block
  • You’re Beautiful” -James Blunt
  • You Make Me Wanna” -Usher
  • I Try” -Macy Gray
  • Achy Breaky Heart” -Billy Rae Cyrus
  • Hello” -Lionel Ritchie
  • I Can’t Live (If Living Is Without You)” -Harry Nilson
  • Tonight I Celebrate My Love” -Roberta Flack
  • I Just Called to Say I Love You” -Stevie Wonder
  • It’s All Coming Back to Me Now” -Celine Dion
  • Can’t Smile Without You” -Barry Manilow

3 comments:

moesmiles said...

Too funny! I would have to add "Every Breath You Take" by the Police. I know a lot of people like it, but have you ever really listened to the words? I call it the "stalker song".

Alli grins said...

Yes! "Every Breath You Take" was in the radio's top 5 worst. Love the tune but it could be a stalker's anthem. Creepy!

Hillary Luke said...

Honestly you would probley hear me sing, "can't smile without you" and country dancing to Achy Breaky heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...