Friday, February 13, 2009

Gem Show in Tucson!


Last weekend my Mom and youngest sisters, Monica and Natalie came to stay for the weekend. I'd like to say that they came just to see me, but I know better:-) On Saturday we drove to Tucson for the ginormous Gem Show there! I've been making jewelry since high school and I'm enjoying this hobby with the rest of my family, now that I have them hooked. I cannot begin to accurately describe how huge this event is. You could go all day every day for the entire 2 weeks and not see everything. It's tent after tent of tables of beads and with my business license it's wholesale, so we get great prices. We went with a list of things we wanted and found some fun, unexpected finds too! Monica took these pictures (below). It always gives me an appreciation for the beauty and variety of rocks and gems, which we then get to make into jewelry. I can't wait to see what we can create.....
Saturday was also my cute Mom's birthday and we hope we treated her to a memorable day! After shopping for beads for almost 6 hours, we enjoyed a birthday dinner at Oregano's in Tucson. I love their Grandma G's Rosemary Chicken Potato pizza. Sounds weird, but it's amazing:-)
Ashlyn was was beyond thrilled to have her Aunt Nats and Nanny come help with her volleyball practice on Friday night. Dan's coaching and he loved having some extra help. Ashlyn has an aunt on each side (Natalie and Kari) that played volleyball in college, so it will be fun to see how she likes it.
(Below): Dinner at Carraba's. My poor Mom had to have dessert for her birthday on multiple occasions last weekend. Thankfully, we were there to help!

It's just tradition: Lunch at Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert. We love sitting outside by these incredible trees.
It was Natalie & Monica's first time there...

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, all those beads look a little intimidating but then again I wouldn't know what to do with them. Glad you had a good time with the women in your family...you deserve it. Those trees are awesome.

KAZ said...

How fun to have your mom and sister's visiting. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and stayed busy! Joe's Farm Grill is really good and the atmosphere is even better.

Blanck said...

Okay when I come to AZ in April we have to go to Oregenos! I love the ceasar salad with a big cherry diet coke! You and your sisters are all so beautiful. Isn't Natalie supposed to be in grade school with CJ?
miss you
happy birthday this week.
love ya alligator!

Ali said...

Looks like SO much fun! It was fun to meet your mom & sister. Hope you guys had a great visit. BTW, regarding your previous post, I had nothing to do with letting the cat out of the bag so to speak LOL.

Alli grins said...

Stac-

Please call and let me know when you'll be here! Oregano's...here we come:-) I can't wait to see you again:-)

Can you believe those are my baby sisters that were 10 and 12 when I got married? Hard to believe! You should see my 6'5" C.J.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, but my birthday's cancelled this year. I've decided I'm old enough!

Alli grins said...

Ali-

No worries! When 4-5 people asked me about Dan's job in a week, I knew the secret was out. Thanks for being my sista! Love you:-)

moesmiles said...

Alli, thanks for having us down. I had so much fun with you! I love your pictures :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...