Unless you've been hiding in a cave or don't like to read, you've likely heard about the Twilight book series by Stephenie Meyer. I read the first book about a year ago for Book Club, and quickly devoured it and the next book in the series, New Moon...all in about 2 1/2 days. I was hooked! The books made me feel happy and in love (with my husband, and a bit with Edward;-) and I was sick when I finished and had to wait a few months until Eclipse was released last August. My parents and all my sisters loved them too (Sorry Dad...did I just embarass you?).
I LOVE Stephenie Meyer's story, that she's LDS, and a Mom like me. I admire that she took a dream and has turned it into such an appealing series that has got everyone reading! Now that the "Twilight" movie is in production, I'm not so sure I'm going to feel the same about the movie. Not sure Robert Pattinson fits my image of Edward Cullen. Am I wrong? I even watched him as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter recently, and was even more sure that he's not Edward. Anyone else agree? I do think the actors for Carlisle, Esme, James, & Victoria seem well-cast.
Last weekend, my sister-in-law Holly met "Pancho" Meyer, Stephenie Meyer's husband, as their boys are in the same baseball league. Holly said he was really down-to-earth and said Stephenie was away on business for The Host, a new book which comes out May 6th.
Before then, I need to finish reading Fablehaven, A Room With a View (for Book Club) and The Historian, which is about, you guessed it...vampires!








6 comments:
I totally agree with you, however I am not sure there is a "real" man that could live up to my expectations of Edward! I love these books and cannot wait for the next one...I hear you about falling in love with vampires, I tried my hardest to get Ty to dress up as one for Halloween last year but no go, oh well his loss, he missed out on a wonderful opportunity!!!
I feel the same way about the movie! I think that happens a lot when you love a book, it's never what you imagined it to be. Guess what I did one of Stephie's good friends hair. She told me lots of nice things about her. It was very exciting!
I TOTALLY agree! I too fell a little bit in love with Edward....and have LOVED the series. I cannot wait until the new one comes out. I don't think that there is a man alive that could have been cast perfectly for Edward, but I think he could have been cast better than he was. I guess we'll just have to wait until the move comes out. :) I read Twilight & New Moon last May in about 2 1/2 days and Eclipse when it came out in about 1 1/2 days. We read Twilight for book club in December, so I reread them all in about 4 days! (my family felt pretty neglected)
I completely agree that he is not worthy to play Edward...but then again I don't know who would be. Who knows maybe he will surprise us all!
I am glad you like our blog. I keep changing it...now that I know how I am completely addicted. It's really easy. I did my header at scrapblog.com. It's a free and easy digital scrapbooking site. I get my backgrounds from either the www.cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com or my friend shelly's site www.shelsscraps.blogspot.com. Both sites have instructions that walk you through how to do it. If you need help call me :) Love you!
I'll admit this: I watched the fourth Harry Potter on TV this weekend and was ***almost*** able to see Cedric as Edward. I'm excited to see how it turns out!!
Post a Comment