It's that time again when 24 rock star wannabes do their best Whitney Houston or Elvis impression and try to win our attention and votes...otherwise known as American Idol. I admit- I'm a fan. There's something very satisfying about hearing a pure voice a cappella (or listening to Simon Cowell tell it like it is if they are "horrendous." It's always a little disturbing during the auditions to see what some people will do for a little time on TV (the big-bellied guy in the gold bikini ala Princess Lea from Star Wars)! I've even enjoyed some of the winners, such as Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jordin Sparks & Daughtry.
After watching this week, I'm confused as to why Fox has the top 24 sing songs from the '60s to kick it off. Almost no one can charm me while singing "Moon River" (zzzzzz!). The judges' comments are familiar: "You can definitely blow, dog" from Randy, "Your voice is a combination of my favorite colors" from Paula and something like, "It was hideous" from Simon. The ones I'm not fast-forwarding through on my TiVo are David Cook, David Archuleta (who's related to my brother-in-law), Michael Johns, Ramiele Malubay, Brooke White (who's best friends with a friend of mine in my ward) & Sayesha. Anyone else have any favorites yet?







1 comments:
David is going to win :) Just FYI...I posted some pics of the jewelry we made with the stuff from the show on our blog. I know you wanted to see.
Post a Comment