Thursday, February 24, 2011

Duck, duck... GOOSE!!!

I've been amazed at the Canadian Geese here since we moved to Colorado. They are everywhere and they are huge! Our first up-close-and-personal experience was this summer when a goose nipped Ashlyn in the backside at the park when she got a little too close.
I'm surprised that they don't fly South for the Winter. Lately, there have been hundreds of geese hanging out on the golf course behind our house. I will often hear a flock of them honking and then see a dark shadow through the window as they fly overhead. I love seeing how groups of geese sit on the edge of the ice when the lakes freeze and how they fly together in giant "V"s.

Last week Ashlyn walked out on the golf course with about 200 geese and scared them! The noise of their low honking and the flapping of hundreds of giant wings was quite a sound! Here's the video Corey took.  His commentary is hilarious:

2 comments:

Brooke Miller said...

That is too CUTE! Corey's little giggle is my favorite part!

Brad and Caroline Ray said...

How fun! What a beautiful view you have. We miss you so much. I am happy your home is feeling like home now. I updated my blog and am trying to do regular postings. It is www.rayfamily.net if you are interested! Take care dear lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...