Monday, August 27, 2007

Ashlyn & Corey meet Claire

*July 12th, P.M.: 


This is the first time Ashlyn & Corey saw Claire! I was still in the ICU, so they wheeled me into a little room just outside of the ICU so we could all be together. I have 2 memories of this night that will never leave me. 

First, when I saw Corey, he said, "Mommy, you had baby Claire. Can you hold me now?" This {broke my heart} because I couldn't lift him during the last half of my pregnancy, and I couldn't bear to tell him that it would still be a while until I could pick him up! 

Second, when Dan gave Claire to Ashlyn to hold for the first time, there were {big tears rolling down her cheeks}. She was so quiet and didn't say much, but I'll never forget that!

1 comments:

Mary said...

Alli-
I was curious when I saw your name on Amy's blog(my sis-in-law). Maybe you remember me -Mary Bitner - from the U student ward. How exciting for you! Jeremy and I just had our #4 in May and also named her Claire! Brooke (6) is in 1st grade and Josh and Grace (4) are in preschool and too much to handle! It sounds like you and Dan are happy in AZ. We are in Draper and enjoying the people here. If you ever feel like dropping me a line, marybitner@msn.com
Best of luck with the new baby and your recovery!
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...