Thursday, July 9, 2009

Boxes, mosquitoes and frogs...OH MY!

Moving is always exhausting, emotional and exciting. This is my 13th move to my 8th state, and I wish I could say that it gets easier! I found myself secretly wishing that our moving truck would crash and burn on the way there so I wouldn't have to unpack it all. YIKES! I've decided that we have so much stuff because we've lived in so many homes that I like to keep things "just in case" it will work in the next place we live. It's terrible, but I also think I'm not wasteful and I'm just trying to be prepared... That's my story and I'm sticking to it;-)
The first night we rolled into Colorado it had just rained and there was an enormous rainbow that seemed to settle right over our neighborhood. It seemed like a good sign! The kids were happy to see the home for the first time and were ready to explore. Right away our next door neighbors came over to say hello and their 2 girls and Ashlyn caught a good-sized frog in our driveway, which Corey played with until I had intervene on the frog's behalf. There's nothing like catching frogs together to cement a friendship! We were absolutely eaten alive by mosquitoes, but that's a given considering that it's been raining here for weeks. It is very green and beautiful, so we'll take it.
I sometimes wonder if we've just moved to the middle of NOWHERE. It's about as different from Arizona as you can get. We are surrounded by farms, barns, cows, horses and tractors. The land surrounding Dan's office is full of PRAIRIE DOGS! Everywhere we go, people are riding bikes and enjoying the great outdoors. I am excited to live near beautiful mountains again. Some nights everywhere you turn is a photo op... it's really beautiful. I am just really missing my friends and Dan's family in Arizona and I am feeling the loneliness of a new city. We've been here 2 weeks and I am still unpacking and trying to find a place for everything and still haven't found my home phone, but I'm making progress. I'll post more pictures when I'm done:-)


<----------
I am really looking forward to the nice big yard so the kids can run around and play outside. Ashlyn's first reaction was, "Wow, Mom! It's going to take me a lot longer to mow that lawn than ours in Arizona!"



12 comments:

Ali said...

Hey Sista, good to see some pics of your new home. My vote is still to get a riding lawn mower. ;)

Stacy said...

Great to see you are getting settled and blogging again!! I'll try to update my blog soon, I know I'm way behind!

Brooklyn said...

I'm glad you're still blogging Alli! You guys seem to be settling in well. I'm sure it won't take long before you come to love it in Colorado too. Take care!

Jeanne Wallen said...

Alli, I love your new backyard! WOW! I was fun to read through your blog, but sad. We will miss you and your family, but you have great adventures awaiting you I'm sure!

P.S. Curtis is Home! Yea! What a great guy. . . We sure love him.

Aubry said...

The area looks beautiful! Your kids will love that yard. I hope everything works out well with the new ward. We'll miss you guys here!

Emily VO said...

Looking at your blog made me realize how badly mine needs an update, I have just been having too much fun with my new little girl. Glad to see your new blog. I know that we are going to share the pains of moving with you as we go through life so you are always a positive inspiration. If you get here before summer ends lets play.

Hillary Luke said...

I was hoping it would be to UT, but I'm sure we can make it sometime to colorado. Jeremy's sister lives in Grand Junction. The yard looks great! I'm sure friends are on their way!

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Looks gorgeous! We miss you guys already!!

Monica Miles said...

Great pictures. I love the prairie dog with the fire hydrant. That's awesome! Hang in there. You will be settled and making new friends before you know it. I can't wait to be able to unpack boxes, but I haven't had to do it as much as you have. We hit a stumbling block with that house, so I'm not sure if we can still get it or not. I was optimistic about us getting in something quick so all my fall/winter clothes and the next size clothes for Mikey are packed away in the back of our storage unit. I might be in trouble. Love you!!!

cheryl said...

Wow Guys--It looks like a beautiful place!!! I'm glad you are blogging again so I can "blog stalk" you & stay up on your family.

Deanna E. said...

So glad you have arrived and are settling in! I loved the rainbow! That is a very good sign...and a reminder that Heavenly Father is watching over you!

Hadley Family said...

Alli, I finally got to catch up on my blog reading. I laughed and cried as I read your posts. I so feel your moving pain.....I'm still not completely unpacked. Sad I know. Thanks for all your love and support of me. I wish we could move with you, it would be nice to have a friend close by(for me)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...